THANK YOU TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED!
STAY TUNED FOR THE NEXT WORKSHOP DATES!
We had a great turnout. Check out some shots of the class in action!
Here's a review from one of our members!
I have been having chronic aches and stiffness in my shoulders and neck and
have been working with a physical therapist on some hip pains as well. My neck
and shoulders felt great after the workshop; much more relaxed (which I have
learned also helps improve my hip health). Having been going to massage school
for the last few months, I really enjoyed that Samantha included some education
about human anatomy and the self-posture checks into the workshop. It really
helps to be able to gauge any improvements I’m making with my posture over
time. The self-massage techniques were SO helpful, and I’ve always gotten great
benefits from any Yoga exercises I’ve done in the past. So, it was awesome that
they were included in this routine as well. I would have to say that there wasn’t a
single segment of this routine that I didn’t find very helpful. I am incorporating all
of it into the set of exercises I was given by my physical therapist to do at home.
Thank you, again, for offering this class. I believe it will really help to prevent
injuries in my transition from a desk job to a much more physical career as a
massage therapist. -Maria
RELIEVE TENSION IN YOUR HEAD, NECK, BACK, & SHOULDERS
- Sunday, August 28, 2022 from 9a-11am
- This workshop is FREE
- LIVE at Varimax (Limited Capacity; Priority to Varimax Members)
- VIRTUAL through Zoom (Open for All)
In this workshop we will use self myofascial release, dynamic and static stretching, and muscle activation techniques, with the goal of reversing the effects of rounded shoulders, tight and achy necks, and general upper body tension due to prolonged sitting.
This class is great for those that:
- Are constantly in a "focused-forward" position the majority of the day
- Have tension or tightness in their neck, back, chest and shoulders
- Experience headaches, neck aches, shoulder aches, or back aches
- Want to address better posture for overall wellness and function
You will need:
- About 6 square feet of space to move around
- Foam roller or any other self myofascial release tool you have. We will go over modifications as needed, depending on the tool available
The movement part of the class itself can vary from 60-75 minutes depending on the needs of the individual participants at the time of the event.